Dr. John Things Happen That Way
Throughout his six-decade long career, Dr. John embodied a near-mythic multitude of musical identities: Global Ambassador of New Orleans funk and jazz and R&B, visionary bluesman, rock and roll innovator, and a massively revered high priest of psychedelic voodoo.
Things Happen That Way, his final studio album, adds another dimension to his musicality: a lifelong affinity for country & western. It's a glorious farewell from one of the most essential figures in music history.
1. Funny How Time Slips Away
2. Ramblin’ Man
3. Gimme That Old Time Religion (feat. Willie Nelson)
4. I Walk On Guilded Splinters (feat. Lukas Nelson & Promise of The Real)
5. I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry
1. End Of The Line (feat. Aaron Neville)
2. Holy Water
3. Sleeping Dogs Best Left Alone
4. Give Myself A Good Talkin’ To
5. Guess Things Happen That Way