The Who The Kids Are Allright
Legendary companion album to the band’s classic documentary film of the same name from 1979, featuring the extraordinary 1967 Smothers Brothers TV show version of My Generation – including exploding drum-kit finale!
Features one of the most iconic rock images on the front cover – photographer Art Kane’s shot of the band draped in the Union Jack flag at the Carl Shurz Monument in Morningside Heights in New York City on the morning of Friday 5 April 1968, the day of the first of the two concerts at Fillmore East, for a feature on new rock groups for Life Magazine.
Includes three performances from Woodstock – Sparks, Pinball Wizard & See Me, Feel Me, classic 1960s TV performances of Magic Bus and Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere, and the definitive performance of A Quick One, While He’s Away, the version they played at the Rolling Stones’ Rock & Roll Circus — a performance so good that, according to legend, it’s the reason why the Stones shelved the show for 20 years!
Features stunning live and rare versions of My Generation, I Can’t Explain, I Can See for Miles, Baba O’Riley & many others.
Now available again on black heavyweight vinyl.
- My Generation (The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, 15 September 1967)
- I Can't Explain (Twickenham Film Studios, 3 August 1965)
- Happy Jack (Leeds University, 14 February 1970)
- I Can See for Miles (The Smothers Brothers Show, 15 September 1967)
- Magic Bus (Beat-Club, 12 October 1968)
- Long Live Rock (Olympic Studios, Barnes, London, 5 June 1972)
- Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere (Ready Steady Go! 1 July 1965)
- Young Man Blues (Coliseum, London, 14 December 1969)
- My Wife (Gaumont State Theatre, Kilburn, London, 15 December 1977)
- Baba O'Riley (Shepperton Studios, London, 25 May 1978
- A Quick One, While He's Away (The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus film, recorded on 11 December 1968)
- Tommy Can You Hear Me? (Beat-Club, 27 September 1969)
- Sparks (Woodstock Music and Arts Fair, NY, 17 August 1969)
- Pinball Wizard (Woodstock Music and Arts Fair, NY, 17 August 1969)
- See Me, Feel Me (Woodstock Music and Arts Fair, NY, 17 August 1969)
- in Together/Road Runner/My Generation Blues (Medley) (Pontiac Silverdome, Pontiac, Michigan on 6 December 1975)
- Won't Get Fooled Again (Shepperton Film Studios, London, 25 May 1978)