Various Artists Peaky Blinders (Orignal Music From The TV Series)
Peaky Blinders is a British crime drama television series primarily set in Birmingham, England following aftermath of World War I. Starring Cillian Murphy as ‘Tommy Shelby’ – the gang’s leader, the show follows the exploits of the Shelby crime family. The fictional gang is loosely based on the Peaky Blinders, a real urban youth gang who were active in the city from the 1890’s and early twentieth century. The show is known for its dark and dramatic soundtrack. The soundtrack is a window into the mind of Tommy – a tortured ex-soldier with a sensitive side who appears to be suffering from PTSD after fighting in the trenches during World War One. This limited 3LP set pressed in blood red vinyl will feature music and key clips of dialogue from all 5 series the show, the 5th series aired late 2019 to critical acclaim. The album will feature Nick Cave’s title opening track Red Right Hand and PJ Harvey’s cover recorded exclusively for the show. Other artist’s music featured on the show and set to appear on this release are The White Stripes, Laura Marling, Arctic Monkeys, Royal Blood, Radiohead, The Last Shadow Puppets, Queens of the Stone Age, David Bowie, Foals, Black Sabbath, Idles, Joy Division and Ricard Hawley who has covered Bob Dylan’s “Ballad Of A Thin Man”. Series 1-5 original scores created specifically for the show will also feature including Anna Calvi’s season 5 score You’re Not God. Jehnny Beth (of Savages fame) provides the song Im The Man, making this the first time it is available on vinyl.
LP1 - Side A
- Tommy: 'It’s Not A Good Idea…'
- Red Right Hand - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- St. James Infirmary Blues - The White Stripes
- Truce - From 'Peaky Blinders' Original Soundtrack / Series 1 - Martin Phipps
- Tommy: 'Right I Have Bought You Hear Today…'
- The Prowl - Dan Auerbach
- Polly: 'There’s Only One Thing…'
- Love Is Blindness - Jack White
- To Bring You My Love - PJ Harvey
LP1 - Side B
- Alfie: 'I’ve Heard Very Bad, Bad, Bad Things…'
- River Styx - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
- Post Irish Meeting - From 'Peaky Blinders' Original Soundtrack / Series 2 - Paul Hartnoll
- Red Right Hand - PJ Harvey
- What He Wrote - Laura Marling
- Arthur: 'Do You Wanna Tell ‘Em…'
- Come On Over - Royal Blood
- Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys
LP2 - Side C
- Tommy: 'I Love You…'
- Breathless - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- You And Whose Army? – Radiohead
- Polly: 'A Woman Of Substance…'
- This Is Love - P. J. Harvey
- Sons - From 'Peaky Blinders' Original Soundtrack / Series 3 - Dickon Hinchliffe
- Tommy: 'You Can Change What You Do…'
- Burn The Witch - Queens Of The Stone Age
- Bad Habits - The Last Shadow Puppets
- Lazarus - David Bowie
LP2 - Side D
- Tommy: 'Sex, Freedom, Whiskey Sours…'
- Adore – Savages
- The Mercy Seat - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- I Wish, I Wish - Rachel Unthank And The Winterset
- Ballad Of Polly Gray - From 'Peaky Blinders' Original Soundtrack / Series 4 - Anthony Genn / Martin Slattery
- Tommy: 'I’m Not A Traitor To My Class…'
- Devil Inside Me - Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes
LP3 - Side E
- Snake Oil – Foals
- Polly: 'It's In Our Gypsy Blood…'
- Pyramid Song – Radiohead
- A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall - Laura Marling
- Ada: 'So, Tommy Shelby, MP…'
- The Wizard - Black Sabbath
- Papi Pacify – Anna Calvi
LP3 - Side F
- Atmosphere - Joy Division
- Tommy: 'You Need To Understand…'
- You’re Not God - From 'Peaky Blinders' Original Soundtrack / Series 5 – Anna Calvi
- Arthur: 'There’s A Bentley Outside…'
- I'm The Man - Jehnny Beth
- Never Fight A Man With A Perm – IDLES
- Tommy: 'I Will Continue…' –
- Ballad Of A Thin Man - Richard Hawley